This is a recipe I first made for a date I had and it worked a treat. It is so simple to make and very quick to prepare the only downside is it needs time to set but it is well worth the wait. A very refreshing palate cleanser after a strong tasting main…
- 600 – 900 mls, double cream (depending on how many people and how sweet or strong you want it to taste of lemons.)
- 140 g. caster sugar
- 2 large lemons, juice and grated zest
- In a large saucepan, put the double cream with the sugar.
- Bring slowly to the boil and simmer for 3 minutes exactly.
- Take it off the heat, add the lemon juice and zest and whisk well.
- Pour into ramekins or a glass (nice for deocration) and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- After 1½ hours (should begin to set by now), slowly decant a small amount of double cream on top of the posset mixture and return to the fridge for the remainder of the time.